VC/PE Fundraise Director
Company : leAD Sports & Health Tech Partners
Location: Miami, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco
Reports to: Chief Investment Officer
Term of Employment: Full-time
Who we are.
LEAD is a global venture corporation on a mission to better human experiences through sports and health technology.
We invest in game changing companies, providing the specific investment vehicles, dedicated human capital, and holistic acceleration platform needed to grow their businesses, and we support the innovation initiatives of our partners through strategic advisory and innovation consulting services.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Fundraise Director to play a pivotal role in our venture capital firm’s growth strategy. The ideal candidate is a proactive and self-motivated professional with a deep understanding of the VC/PE investor landscape in the United States and globally. This role is crucial in accelerating our assets under management (AUM) growth and successfully launching new investment funds. The Fundraise Director will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer and collaborate closely to engage potential investors from a well-managed and coordinated pipeline of targets.
- Investor Relationship Building:
- Cultivate and expand relationships with institutional investors, family offices, high-net-worth individuals, and other relevant funding sources.
- Leverage existing connections and proactively establish new connections within the investment community to drive fundraising efforts.
- Represent the firm at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities alongside the Chief Investment Officer to enhance the firm’s visibility and broaden the investor network.
- Strategic Fundraising:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy to scale AUM and support the launch of new investment funds.
- Collaborate with the Chief Investment Officer to define and articulate compelling value propositions that resonate with potential investors.
- Drive the end-to-end fundraising process, including identifying targets, qualifying leads, conducting due diligence/KYC, and closing investment commitments.
- Pipeline Management:
- Manage a consistent pipeline of potential investors, keeping accurate and up-to-date records of interactions, communications, and progress.
- Utilize CRM systems and other tools to track and report on fundraising activities, providing regular updates to the Chief Investment Officer and senior leadership.
- Communication and Presentation:
- Help our team craft persuasive pitch materials, presentations, and investment documentation to effectively communicate the firm’s investment strategies, performance track record, and unique selling points.
- Articulate the firm’s vision, mission, and investment approach to potential investors in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
- Due Diligence Support:
- Collaborate with the investment team to provide necessary information and insights to potential investors during the due diligence process.
- Address investor inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner, ensuring a positive investor experience.
- Market Research and Insights:
- Stay informed about market trends, competitive landscape, and investor preferences to tailor fundraising efforts and strategies accordingly.
- Contribute to the development of market insights and investor intelligence to refine the firm’s fundraising approach.
- Investor Relationship Management
- Support with investor communications.
- Explore and proactively work on synergies between our existing investment vehicles and stakeholder groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business, Economics, or a related field (MBA preferred).
- Proven track record of successfully raising funds in the venture capital or private equity industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the VC/PE investor ecosystem in the United States and globally.
- Strong network and connections within the investment community, with a history of building and maintaining relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex investment concepts in a compelling manner.
- Proficiency in using CRM systems and other fundraising tools.
- Self-driven, goal-oriented, and able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Join our team and contribute to our mission of driving innovation, growth, and value creation for our investors and portfolio companies. Apply now to be part of our dynamic venture capital firm and play a key role in our journey to success.
Why you might be excited about us.
- There is a huge capacity for growth and development.
- We operate with an entrepreneurial spirit and at high energy levels.
- We are not a team of micromanagers. You will be expected to identify and define opportunities, pursue those opportunities, and asked to add value in any way you can.
- You’ll be expected to bring your own experience and perspective to help us do the right things and raise flags if you think we should do things differently.
What you should know about us.
- We’re a small, but growing team, so if you like more established companies, it wouldn’t be the right time. You’ll help build and enhance our company’s culture.
- As we operate in a startup and entrepreneurial space, projects and priorities may shift given dynamic marketplace opportunities.
- We operate in a global ecosystem, which translates to time-zone variability and asynchronous working styles.
- As we’re all-in on our pursuit of changing the game, we have a very committed approach which might translate into time investment outside of traditional office hours.
- Medical insurance (including dental and vision)
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation days
leAD Sports & Health Tech is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at leAD Sports & Health Tech are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.