(Senior) Product Design Engineer
Company : Suji
Suji is a fitness technology start-up based in Edinburgh backed by tennis champion, Jamie Murray OBE. We have developed the “Suji Device” which is currently used by professional athletes to relieve pain, improve performance, and recover faster.
To date, some of our notable customers include the Lawn Tennis Association (who we are an official recovery partner of), Edinburgh Rugby, and Loughborough University. Notable users include Duhan Van Der Merwe and Jamie Murray OBE.
Currently, there are 3 full-time employees working across software development and business development. Suji is seeking a fourth team member; A full-time product design engineer responsible for designing and developing Suji V3.0 as well as managing supply chain and fulfillment operations.
Responsible for the mechanical design of Suji V3.0 and as the sole Product Design Engineer you will be undertaking the design & development from ideation to mass manufacture. You will be liaising with the internal software engineer and external firmware and electronic engineers to take Suji V3.0 to market.
Daily responsibilities also include managing the existing supply chain and fulfilling customer orders. Dealing with the existing supply chain will require weekly travel and regular access to a car is necessary.
It is estimated that managing the existing supply chain and order fulfillment will consume 35% to 50% of your weekly working time.
Job Salary Range:
- £33K to £45K per annum (depending on experience)
- Bonus’ & share options available and TBC depending on experience and agreed milestones
1 hour drive time radius from Glasgow, Edinburgh, or surrounding areas.
- 3 to 6 years experience in a product development role overseeing complete product development lifecycle
- Product Design Engineering, Mechanical Design Engineering or related degree
- Proficiency in Solidworks
- Advanced computer literacy (use of MS Office Suite and other common office software)
- Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (Preferred)
- Design for manufacture awareness
- Highly organised with proven ability to control multiple projects
- Full product development process from ideation to mass manufacture
- Design for manufacture experience specifically focussed on injection moulding
- Basic understanding of electronics and electronic design
- Materials selection
- Design validation & testing
- Management of product technical information for new and existing products
- Ensuring all product designs and assemblies are made in line with industry standards
- Liaising with manufacturing partners and willing to travel
- Quality issue resolution
- Providing technical support
Outlined is the process you may expect to go through when applying to this role:
- CV submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual screening interview with panel
- Interview with domain expert & technical questioning
- Face to face meeting
- Decision made
Note: Each stage of the process will determine whether you progress to the next stage. It is not guaranteed that you will progress through the entire process.
How to Apply:
Send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Product Design Engineer”. Please include a contact telephone number in your email.