Company : leAD Sports & Health Tech Partners
Our Sports & Health Tech program enables a group of carefully selected startups to take advantage of Lake Nona’s Verizon 5G broadband capacity, enabling testing of innovative technologies and solutions, and helping talented individuals bring their businesses to the market. We provide ongoing advice, pitch training, workshops, 1-on-1 sessions to ensure that our startups are investor-ready by the end of the program.
As a Program Manager for the leAD Lake Nona Sports & Health Tech Accelerator, you’ll be the face and the heart of this program. We’re looking for an excellent self-starter and creative problem-solver with a track record of seamless execution on complex programs or projects with minimal guidance; a multi-tasker that can handle many different needs and will be the bridge between the startup companies and the leAD team based in Berlin, Germany. If you’re all of that and on top eager to work in an environment that is welcoming, open, transparent, curious, collaborative, challenging, diverse, results-driven, and fun – you might who we’re looking for!
- Location: Lake Nona, Orlando
- Start Date: ASAP
- Term of employment: permanent
- Hours: Full-time
- Report: to Program and Marketing Director and MD Lake Nona
- Primary hands-on-go to person in the program who is also a high-level connector
- Assist in designing, planning, and coordinating the on-site startup program with our Program Director, based on the needs of the participating startups
- Oversee the development and ongoing relationship with the local network of mentors and coaches
- Responsible for welcoming and hosting coaches and mentors in the program space, helping them set up their sessions, and introducing them to the startups
- Help startups, mentors, and guests with logistics during their visits to the Pixon MS2 innovation space
- Hold weekly sessions with the startups to identify their most pressing needs and come up with solutions – mostly connecting them with the right experts in our network
- Monitor and facilitate the timely execution of all startup company assignment, keeping them on track and flagging any issues with the larger team
- Responsible for organizing and running small to medium events, from exclusive fireside chats to 300+ participants strong
- Prior experience and/or a strong interest in startups, technology, and sports and health
- Ability to speak confidently in settings ranging from large group events to meetings with investors, industry, and startup leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Strong project management skills, with a demonstrated record of managing complex projects, with multiple stakeholders, and bringing them to successful completion
- Project/program management, client-facing experience, and event planning experience are a plus
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and cross-functional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to flex a work schedule around programs and events as needed
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
Not exactly you?
Job descriptions rarely ever describe people (that’s why they’re called job descriptions). If you’re seriously excited about the job but lacking 2-3 things, get in touch anyway and we’ll see whether / how we can make it work.
leAD Sports & Health Tech Partners sources, funds, and drives growth of early-stage sports & health tech startups globally. leAD was founded in 2016 and was inspired by the legend of the sports industry Adi Dassler. Since its inception, leAD has taken on new companies into its business every year. With 30 companies from around the globe under its portfolio, leAD is constantly empowering founders to create their own legacy. leAD works with groundbreaking solutions across the verticals of fan engagement, connected athletes, and health & well-being and focuses on driving growth through smart investment, premier network access, and expert training. leAD has three three investment vehicles – Academy, Portfolio, and ADvantage Fund – and commercial partnerships with adidas, Citi Private Bank, Tavistock Group, OurCrowd, and Lake Nona to further support portfolio growth.