Company : leAD Sports & Health Tech Partners
Location: Lake Nona, FL (on-site)
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Term of Employment: Permanent
Who we are.
leAD Sports & Health Tech Partners sources, funds, and drives growth of early-stage sports & health tech startups globally. We work with groundbreaking solutions across the verticals of fan engagement, connected athletes, and health & well-being.
We’re obsessed with unlocking and unleashing human potential. And we’re obsessed with innovation. We’re on a mission to change the way that people experience sports, and to evolve the way that humans can live to their greatest potential. Alongside our entrepreneurs, partners, investors, and mentors, we are re-imagining the future of sports & health tech.
We’re searching for a Marketing Manager to join our team – a brand communications professional with a real knack for storytelling and content creation. Someone who can spot, extract, and articulate the amazing stories we are creating and can execute against communicating them to the world.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead brand management and execution across the entire brand experience journey – online, offline, in physical, and virtual environments – driving a consistent narrative across the organization and externally
- Support our startups with early-stage storytelling and brand building efforts
- Consistently guide and manage resource allocation (budget and personnel) so that brand-marketing efforts and spending are efficiently driving against our objectives
Content Strategy & Asset Management.
- Develop and execute our content strategy (both creation and activation)
- Responsible for all content creation (brand, blog, newsletter, social, PR, whitepapers, etc.)
- Develop and implement distribution plans including the management of centralized x-channel posting calendars
- Maximize existing storytelling platforms (owned channels) and identify creative ways to leverage external platforms (PR, partners, industry events, etc.) to communicate our story broadly
- Keep a finger on the pulse of existing/emerging trends to inform future content roadmap
- Ensure the brand is flawlessly manifested across all touchpoints – own digital & social media, editorial touchpoints, partnerships and paid media
- Collaborate and support cross-functional leaders on key company priorities including industry events, key meetings, etc.
- Lead the marketing for new product/program launches
- Lead our PR and communications to drive brand storytelling forward
- Work closely with journalists and media partners to promote leAD and its portfolio companies on a global stage
- Oversee PR agency relationships and strategies
- Oversee a distinctive social strategy (includes all platforms – YT, LI, IN, FB, etc.).
- Oversee channel management (posting, copywriting, etc.), community management & analytics
- You are a storyteller at heart.
- You already have experience identifying, extracting, and communicating stories impactfully across mediums (copy, imagery, video, etc.).
- You are proficient at execution and keen to grow and expand, with coaching, your planning and strategy development skillset.
- Must have cross-functional experience, specifically, working with multiple parties, and managing multiple stakeholders to take a project or idea from concept to execution.
- You get your energy from collaborating with team members, entrepreneurs, and partners in an in-person setting.
- You are a self-starter who can spot an opportunity and identify the path to execution.
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo and infuse your perspective and experience into your daily operation.
- You operate with a scrappy entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to go the extra mile to deliver for leAD and our startups.
- Excellent communication (written & spoken) and presentation skills in English.
- You have a passion for sports & health tech, and a fundamental understanding of the space we’re operating in.
- You’re willing and able to travel (domestically and internationally).
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Even better if.
- You have creative or PR agency experience.
- You have startup or VC experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience.
- If you’re looking to grow into a broader marketing generalist role over time.
Why you might be excited about us.
- There is a huge capacity for growth and development.
- You will have the chance to capture lightning in a bottle.
- You will be a part of unlocking and unleashing human potential through technology innovations.
- We operate with an entrepreneurial spirit and at high energy levels.
- We are not a team of micromanagers. You will be expected to identify and define opportunities, pursue those opportunities, and asked to add value in any way you can.
- You will be the ultimate marketer, touching all aspects of our organization as part art director, designer, producer, and copywriter. You will also be the external voice of our brand.
- You’ll be expected to bring your own experience and perspective to help us do the right things, and raise flags if you think we should do things differently.
What you should know about us.
- We’re a small and scrappy team, so if you like more established companies, it wouldn’t be the right time. You’ll help build and enhance our company’s culture.
- As we operate in a startup and entrepreneurial space, projects and priorities may shift given dynamic marketplace opportunities.
- We operate in a global ecosystem, which translates to time-zone variability and asynchronous working styles.
- As we’re all-in on supporting our startups and founders in their pursuit of changing the game, we have a very committed approach which might translate into time investment outside of traditional office hours to support them.
- Medical insurance (including dental and vision)
- Life insurance
- Free gym membership at the Lake Nona Performance Center
- Flexible vacation days
leAD Sports & Health Tech is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at leAD Sports & Health Tech are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.